The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) responsible for the overall financial management of the organization and implementing strategies that continue to improve the financial health of QCI. The CFO reports to and works with the QCI President, Director of Operations and Director of Marketing. The CFO will have two direct reports of Accounting Specialists.
Qualified individuals need to be flexible, efficient, and excel at communication. Candidates must be able to effectively manage cash, develop internal controls and perform routine analysis. The position requires strict attention to detail, critical thinking, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
With support of accounting staff, the CFO Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Cash Management & Forecasting
• Budgeting & Expense Control
• Compensation Plan Development
• KPI Development & Analysis
• Participate in Securing Financing & Raising Capital
• Tax Planning
• Ongoing Analysis & Review
Working with the accounting group, the CFO will also support and fulfill:
• Review daily cash, A/P, and A/R balances.
• Serve as the key point of contact for the corporate banker and accountants.
• Monthly Reconciliation of G/L asset accounts.
• Bi-weekly review of payroll balances and reconciliation to G/L accounts.
• Create G/L accounts for new assets and make monthly depreciation entries.
• Enter ACH vendor payments into the G/L and make various check payments.
• Prepare year-end financial statements for accountant review.
• Make various corporate tax payments.
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for agency operations.
• Maintain marine, railroad and standard Bureau of Workers Comp. policies.
• Administer the 401K Profit Sharing Plan.
• Complete Annual ODOT Cost submission in compliance with Part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, (FAR).
• Develop billing rates for cost plus jobs as needed.
• Review vendor cost and employee spending periodically.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Experience with cost accounting software. Deltek Ajera a plus.
• Knowledge of payroll processes. Paycor a plus.
• Experience with Federal or ODOT Financial Overhead Rate Cost Submittal preferred.
• Must demonstrate professionalism when interacting with Clients and QCI employees.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidential records a must.
Education and Experience:
• Accounting, Finance or Business degree, or 10 years equivalent work experience preferred.